Recovery Loan Scheme
About the scheme
The Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS) supports access to finance for UK businesses as they recover and grow following the Covid-19 pandemic.
RLS aims to help businesses affected by Covid-19. This can also include businesses which have been positively impacted and can be used for business purposes, including, managing cashflow, investment and growth. It is designed to support businesses that can afford to take out additional finance for these purposes.
Delivered by the British Business Bank, the scheme provides a government-backed (70%) guarantee to lenders to support viable applications. This will support the continued provision of finance as the economy recovers from the effects of the pandemic.
If you’re a business to business operation in the UK with an annual turnover above £2.5m, ABN AMRO Commercial Finance can help you access the RLS alongside our Receivables Finance solution.
A key aim of the scheme is to improve the terms on offer to businesses, but if a commercial loan on better terms can be offered, without requiring the guarantee provided by the RLS, we will do so.
At Autumn Budget 2021, the government announced that the RLS will be extended by six months to 30 June 2022, with changes applying to all offers made from 1 January 2022.
- Up to £2m facility per business (maximum £6m per group). Minimum facility sizes vary, starting at £1,000 for asset and invoice finance, and £25,001 for term loans and overdrafts.
- Term Loan facilities are available from three months for up to six years, with Invoice Finance available from three months for up to three years.
- Interest payments and associated fees to be paid by the borrower from the outset.
- Businesses that have taken out a CBILS, CLBILS or BBLS facility are also able to access the new scheme. The amount borrowed under a previous scheme may in certain circumstances limit the amount borrowed under RLS.
- Personal guarantees are not permitted for facilities of £250,000 or less. Above £250,000 the maximum amount that can be covered under RLS is capped at a maximum of 20% of the outstanding balance of the RLS facility after the proceeds of business assets have been applied. No personal guarantees can be held over Principal Private Residences.
- The borrower always remains 100% liable for the debt.
- The scheme is available to our clients, or interested businesses, alongside our Receivables Finance offering.
- The borrower must confirm to the lender that it has been impacted by Covid-19.
- The borrower must be carrying out trading activity in the UK.
- The lender will consider that the borrower has a viable business proposition.
- Credit and fraud checks for all applicants apply.
- Business turnover limit not exceeding £45m per annum.
To find out more, please contact our team.
About the British Business Bank
The Recovery Loan Scheme is managed by the British Business Bank on behalf of, and with the financial backing of, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. British Business Bank plc is a development bank wholly owned by HM Government. It is not authorised or regulated by the PRA or the FCA. Visit http://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/recovery-loan-scheme
The British Business Bank has a range of guidance and resources available to all businesses, including content on managing your cashflow and a list of independent advice services.