Complaints and Complaints Handling
While ABN AMRO Commercial Finance UK aims to provide a very high standard of service, we recognise that things do sometimes go wrong. If this does happen it very important to us that;
• You know how to tell us about your complaint,
• That your complaint receives prompt and appropriate attention from the right people within the business,
• That, where possible, you are satisfied with how we have dealt with and resolved your complaint
• That, if you are not satisfied with our treatment of your complaint, you know how to escalate this further.
How to Complain
Your relationship manager should be able to help you with any complaint you may have, however, if you prefer to raise your complaint to someone else within the business you may do so;
• By telephone: Call 01444 441717 and ask for for the Relationship Managers Line Manager or Director
• By email to: email@example.com
• In writing to:
ABN AMRO Commercial Finance
10-12 Church Road
How We Will Deal With Your Complaint
1) We will assign your complaint to a senior employee within the business who will;
a. Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 working hours.
b. Start to investigate immediately.
2) We will normally send our response within 15 working days of receipt. However, sometimes, where a complaint is more complex, we may find that it takes longer to establish the facts. If this is the case we will contact you to explain and to provide an expected response date.
3) If, for any reason, you do not consider that we have satisfactorily addressed your concerns please contact us again and we will re-examine any issues and will, either; contact you to discuss your concerns, or will provide you with our final response within a further 10 working days from date of receipt of your further contact.
If You Are Not Satisfied With Our Final Response
If, after 12 weeks have elapsed since your original complaint, we are unable to reach a mutually satisfactory agreement, or if we have sent you a letter, in which we acknowledge that we have not been able to agree this matter between ourselves (a Deadlock Letter), you may refer your complaint to our trade association, UK Finance, Invoice Finance and Asset Based Lending (IFABL), for referral to the Ombudsman Service.
IFABL has contracted the Ombudsman Service to provide an independent dispute resolution service, free to the complainant.
The Ombudsman has the authority to handle complaints where;
• the company you are complaining on behalf of, or for which you are a guarantor, has an annual turnover (revenue) of no more than £6.5million; and
• the action(s) taken or omission(s) complained about took place on or after the 1st July 2013; and
• the complaint relates to invoice finance and / or asset based lending products.
To commence this process you must contact the UK Finance within 6 months from either; the date of our deadlock letter, or the end of 12 weeks from the date of your original complaint.
UK Finance will register your details, check that you qualify to use this service and provide you with more information. UK Finance contact details for escalation of complaints are:
Phone: 020 3934 1456
Post: Complaints Department,
UK Finance, Invoice Finance and Asset Based Lending
One Angel Court
30 Throgmorton Street
If your complaint falls outside the criteria for review by the Ombudsman Service you may still refer your complaint to UK Finance.
Financial Ombudsman Service: Some clients may also be eligible to escalate complaints that have not been resolved to their satisfaction to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Details, including criteria for escalation, may be found on the FOS website (https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/).